A Bit About Lorna Visser
I bring to your organization more than 30 years’ experience as a:
- Consultant to mission-driven organizations, have worked with more than 100 groups to “Help Make Good Organizations Better”
- Fundraising maven
- Newspaper journalist, magazine writer and editor
- Corporate communications professional
- Executive Director of a non-profit organization
- Foundation grant maker and board member
- Researcher and advisor to foundations
- Fundraising professional with two national charities
- Development Manager, supervised a department of 8 and raised more than $4 million/year
- Advertising and strategic communications specialist with 18 years in the oil industry in Calgary, Alta.
- Organizational effectiveness and strategic planning advisor to small businesses and charitable organizations
- Accomplished trainer, keynote speaker at conferences, engaging and energetic workshop presenter
- Facilitator for board retreats and meetings
- Researcher (feasibility studies, sustainability planning, enterprising non-profits, grants research)
- Community activist and experienced board member
Here are some of my Carmanah Strategies workshops. Customized workshops can be developed to meet your organization’s specific needs.
- Who Are Your Donors and How Can You Reach Them?
- Planned Giving: Are You Ready to Receive Planned Gifts?
- Raising the Really Big Dollars: Successful Capital Campaigns
- Get Those Grants (building win-win relationships with foundations, government & corporate funders)
- Fearless Fundraising: The Nuts ‘n’ Bolts of Raising More
- Develop Your Strategic Fundraising Plan
Social Marketing & Communications
- Lights, Camera, Action — You’re On The Air (hands-on media spokesperson training)
- Now I Can Hear You (developing messages that motivate)
- The Nuts and Bolts of Your Communications Plan
- Defining and Communicating Your Mission and Positioning
- Social Marketing: Encouraging Behaviour Change
Remember, Carmanah Strategies will custom-design a course for your organization.
To reach Lorna Visser: 250-358-2722